The ERG Emissions Team
has for many years provided Local Authorities with a tailored, focused
and comprehensive service.
We undertake all aspects of local authority regulation of Part B and A2 processes/installations under both the
Environmental Protection Act 1990 (EPA) and the Pollution Prevention and Control Act 1999 (PPC),
including the integration of European Directives, such as the SED and the WID into these regimes.
Download the Emissions leaflet (3.5Mb)
We provide on behalf of the local authority:
- The comprehensive management of all aspects of authorised processes and new installations
- A fully trained and highly qualified team of regulators who are conversant with all current
and new regulatory guidance (EPA, PPC, SED, WID) and pollution control technologies (BATNEEC, BAT)
- Fully qualified and conscientious team members to undertake regulatory site inspections to check compliance with the conditions of permits
- The management of applications for Part B and A2 installations plus the issuing of permits
and notices (variation, enforcement and revocation), under EPA/PPC
- Extensive experience of the Local Pollution Control Statistical Survey (DEFRA return) and the implementation of the DEFRA risk assessment methodology
- On behalf of the local authority, expertise to investigate and resolve any complaints received about a specific process/installation
- Fully conversant with appeals procedures and all areas of enforcement action
- Provision of all the relevant information for the local authority to include within their public register
- Provision of a dynamic website to host up to date Public Register information and useful information about the regulatory regime for both members of the public and site operators
All work conducted by the team is in accordance with relevant health and safety legislation.
All staff hold a current CCNSG Safety Passport (General Site Safety training course qualification).
Back to the top